One of my intentions for this blog was not only to create easy recipes to share with you but to also try new things that I do not usually prefer to eat. So in this post, I tried to experiment with chickpeas and with practice, I finally created a recipe that I enjoyed! I love the fact that I could create any seasoning I wanted to shake them in and the best part is that I can keep them in the same seasoning bag until I eat them! Another suggestions is that these chickpeas are ten times better when eaten warm then pulling them out of the refrigerator. The two seasonings I did were Italian and barbeque. You can always get creative and try things like buffalo, bacon ranch, or even salt and vinegar! So get creative and here’s the recipe!!
- 1 can of chickpeas- Strained and rinsed
- ¼ cup of your favorite tangy barbeque sauce
- A pinch of cayenne
- ½ a tsp. Of garlic powder
- ½ seasoning packet of Italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp. of ranch dressing
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Place chickpeas evenly on a lined baking sheet
- Bake for 25 minutes
- In a zip lock bag, combine barbeque sauce, cayenne, and garlic powder. Mix well
- In separate bag, mix ranch and Italian seasoning. Mix well
- Let chickpeas cool until a little warm
- Split the chickpeas between the two seasoning bags. Close tightly and shake.